Dell EMC is expanding its industry-leading midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage arrays, along withkey software updates to Dell EMC Unity designed to boost efficiency and cost savings for mixed block and file workloads.
Additionally, Dell EMC is introducing its Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program. The new program offers the industry’s strongest three-year satisfaction guarantee along with customer benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection, storage efficiency guarantees, worry-free data migrations and free Virtustream Storage Cloud.
SC All-Flash delivers premium performance and enterprise-ready Features
Optimised for All-Flash, the new Dell EMC SC All-Flash storage arrays offer premium performance and enterprise-ready features. SC All-Flash arrays are designed to help customers modernise their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost-savings from existing applications. It is also designed to help customers open up possibilities for the business to support new flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
The Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020Fare offered as 3Uappliances featuring dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel® Xeon® processors and up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections. The products also feature:
- All-Flash performance – Up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster
- Federated data mobility, scale and protection – Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity
- Self-optimising efficiency – Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic
- All-inclusive software –Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain
Dell EMC Unity gets efficiency boost to help lower storage costs
Designed for simplicity, All-Flash performance and unified SAN-NAS environments, Dell EMC Unity helps organisations speed deployment, streamline management and seamlessly tier storage to the cloud. The new Unity v4.3 OS provides several key updates including deduplication to help lower costs, along with new technologies to facilitate non-disruptive system upgrades and enable file synchronisation. The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
- Enhanced All-Flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication
- Synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity
- New capability enables online data-in-place storage controller upgrades
Redefined investment protection with the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program
Thenew Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program offers customersguarantees and value through the lifetime of their arrays. Unlike other vendor programs that offer fewer benefits and short-term promises, the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program provides robust guarantees, money-saving benefits and investment protection for new Dell EMC Unity and SC Series product purchases.
The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series includes:
- Three-year satisfaction guarantee– Dell EMC products will perform as advertised for customers, satisfactionguaranteed.
- 4:1 All-Flash StorageEfficiencyGuarantee–Offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
- Never-worry Data Migrations–Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
- Hardware Investment Protection – Customers get flexible credit towards storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit towards the purchase ofany new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
- All-inclusive Software– Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
- Built-in Virtustream Storage Cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only) –Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.
Customerspurchasing new Dell EMC Unity or SC Series products, whether direct or through channel partners, and have a valid maintenance contract are eligible for the program at no additional cost.
“To help our customers with data center modernisation, we’re delivering innovative features and performance in the new SC All-Flash and also boosting the efficiency and utility of Dell EMC Unity in the latest Unity OS software update,” said Jeff Boudreau, president, Storage Platforms, Dell EMC. “We’re also redefining what it means to buy from Dell EMC and our partners with the new Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program, offering many benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection and a three-year satisfaction guarantee that is the longest and strongest amongst our competitors.”
Additionally, Dell EMC Services provides customers with a complete portfolio of technology implementation and support services available, addressing diverse IT needs with choice, flexibility and scale.
SC All-Flash will be available in December. The new Unity OS v4.3 will be made available in January 2018 to Dell EMC Unity customers with a valid support contract. The Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program is available now with the purchase of any new SC Series or Dell EMC Unity data storage array directly through Dell EMC or any of its certified channel partners.
Dell EMC executive quote:
Ng Tian Beng, Senior Vice President and General Manager, APJ Channels, Dell EMC
“Organisations in APJ are increasingly investing in technology that will support their data center modernisation long-term, which is driving demand for midrange storage in the region. The expansion of our storage portfolio and Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program benefits both partners and customers, with partners now able to create more competitive deals, and customers able to continue their IT transformation journeys without concerns of technology obsolescence.”
Hasan Barakat, director, Global IT Operations, Cell Signaling Technology
“I’ve always trusted Dell EMC for their excellent products and customer service. Dell EMC has been my one-stop shop for our data center.Now with the addition of these great programs to support Dell EMC’s great products, why would I go anywhere else?”
Scott Sinclair, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Storage buyers are increasingly voting with their wallets in the direction of All-Flash arrays to help them modernise the data center for increased performance, efficiency and to drive IT cost-savings goals. Dell EMC is bringing this all together with products and programs that safeguard storage investments while introducing guarantees designed to instill another level of confidence with customers.”
Scott Winslow, president, Winslow Technology Group, LLC
“Dell EMC has upped the ante once again, enabling us todelivereven more value to our customers with a truly attractive and competitive loyalty program to go along with their market-leading midrange storage products. Having access to Dell EMC’s expanded midrange All-Flash portfolio enables our company to help our customers find just the right platform to meet the unique needs of their enterprise, while also providing a valuable ownership experience that delivers customer benefits long after the sale.”